Do you need to hire a designer for your interior decorating project?
That depends… on you, on your available free time, patience, creativity or lack thereof, list of resources, interest, and much more.
Here are some guidelines to help you decide if you should hire a professional.
- You have little or no free time to coordinate and shop for home decor items.
- You feel completely overwhelmed by the number of choices available.
- You need help with space planning, lighting design, kitchen layouts, or bathroom renovations.
- You want someone else to deal with the hassles of ordering, shipping, coordinating, and installing.
- You want to have quality work done but don’t have your own list of reliable workmen, installers, and resources.
- You’ve tried to decorate your home and have purchased a few nice items, but really need help pulling it all together.
- You want a cohesive color scheme and design that can be carried throughout your home.
- You think you have pretty good taste, but would like to move up a few notches in style.
- You’ve torn out photos of rooms you like, but are unsure of how to coordinate some of the elements.
- You and your partner can’t seem to agree on anything for your home.
Many clients are amazed at the details and creativity I put into their home, while sticking to their budget and timeline. A phrase I hear often from my clients is, “I could have never done this without you!”
The benefit to the client using an interior designer’s services as opposed to a contractor or architect is that an interior designer starts the design with how the people who live in the space use it and works out from there to make the space fit them. It should be both beautiful and functional to be a successful project.
What distinguishes me from the competition: honest communication about issues that arise so they can be resolved before they become a problem, attention to detail, personalization of the space to be what the client wants and needs and to meet their goals; creative use of materials (great look for lower cost), I treat the client’s money as if it were my own to help them get the most bang for their buck. I don’t mark-up contractor labor or work exclusively with one product line; I sell my expertise so I can provide an unbiased analysis of what is best for the client.
Contact Us and let’s discuss how we can help you with your next project.